Friday, September 22, 2006

my workspace/studio

I have a room in the house now just for storing my art and working on my art.

If any of my influence is to be felt at all in a room, there will be one of the following:

  1. music
  2. pets
  3. artwork
So, there has to be a token aquarium (complete with sculpted mermaid lying lazily in front of it):











And my dog, Max, because he follows me from room to room anyway.
















And, of course, the stereo. It's usually on.













My stained glass art in the windows.















The drafting table at moment holds two 22"x 30" drawings I'm working on very busily:





















These are the close ups:


























Last fall I drew this cherub, but on 5" x 7" marble paper. Then I gave it away to a high school classmate who was dying of cancer. So I'm drawing it again on 22" x 30" watercolor paper.

Then, since I went that far, I went ahead and did a companion piece -- what I call the Rainy Angel, also on 22" x 30" watercolor paper. And, just to be different, with watercolor. Of course, this is only the preliminary work.