Sunday, July 23, 2006

Day #2

BP: 86/43.

Tomorrow I call the doctor and ask for instructions on where to go and what to do next. Sort of like the Emergency Broadcast System. I'm not going to the ER because I'm not sitting in the hoosegow for a day or two while they figure out what to do. I'm on a schedule here.

Low blood pressure makes one impervious to warmth. It's 84 degrees outside and I'm shivering and yawning. This is even after I've donned the (medically prescribed) stockings, tube socks, blue jeans, tee shirt and sweater.

I dreamed last night that I rented a car and the only vehicle available was a Yugo. Like those even exist anymore. It was in poor working order, too. Which seems pretty real to life.

Word of advice: Don't watch Finding Neverland when you're a mother of boys yourself and not feeling well.

Part of me wants to lie back down and go to sleep again. The other part wants to get up and work until I'm spent for real. There's no shortage of things that need to get done around here.

I choose getting up and going back to work.